I Hate School This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

“I Hate School” by Megan Lewis left me feeling more aware. I agree with Megan that many teens in America take their education for granted. She writes, “It’s easy to forget that education is not guaranteed or even considered a right in many parts of the world.” We Americans fail to realize the struggles others go through to receive an education.

This problem is extremely present in my school; so many kids do the bare minimum just to say they did it. Most don’t grasp what they are learning because they believe they won’t need the information down the road. How are we supposed to change the world if we don’t learn from others?

Megan did a great job summing up why we should view school differently by saying, “If we aren’t conscious of and grateful for our blessings, what do we have?”