Review of Not Just a Pretty Face | Teen Ink

Review of Not Just a Pretty Face

September 15, 2015
By Lsaxman BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
Lsaxman BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

In the writing titled “Not Just a Pretty Face” written by Cassidy E, her writing about beauty pageants being more than about looks left me feeling impressed about all the skills you need for pageants.  I agreed with this selection because it related to me.  I have always loved anything to do with pageants, even I only watched them.  Putting on makeup and doing hair is a hobby I love to do… I’m more than obsessed.  Although, pageantry gets negative attention.  Emerson states, “pageantry is often the object of harsh comments and strong opinions.”  I’ve always heard people say pageants are full of fake girls who think they’re better than everyone else and that is not true.  Emerson also says, “Hard physical mental, and motional work and practice is essential for success.”  It is more than just getting dressed up and she wants people to understand that.  All of her arguments were valid and would be able to convince someone who hates pageantry, to give pageants more credit.  They’re harder work than they look.