Review of Wilson, the Princess | Teen Ink

Review of Wilson, the Princess

By mtressler52 GOLD, Defiance, Ohio
mtressler52 GOLD, Defiance, Ohio

I felt shocked when I read “Wilson, the Princess” by Allie. Her writing about a childhood friend and today’s society left me feeling sorry for the people that are like Wilson. I completely agree with Allie because today’s world and society is mess up for people who express themselves differently. The author wrote, “society told me. ‘And boys like Transformers and toy cars and superheroes. Boys don’t like Barbie’s, and princesses and pink things. I guess I accepted it. I mean that was the way the world worked, right?’”. Allie is right about society, it makes you believe information about people that some of us choose not to believe and others do. Allie also mentions how the other parents reacted to Wilson playing with girls and pretending to be a princess and it was unbelievable. “…looking back now, that some of the adults thought he was weird. Not normal… I remember how they laughed”. It’s a terrible memory Allie has of adults and how judge mental they were about a four-year-old. Today's world needs more open-minded and accepting people in it like Allie rather than the stereotype adults and teens Wilson would have probably dwelt with later in life.

This inspired me because our world needs to get a new attitude about today's society