Review on Danielle Layman's "Cyberwar" | Teen Ink

Review on Danielle Layman's "Cyberwar"

September 15, 2015
By TLAWPIA BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
TLAWPIA BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

In the writing titled “Cyberwar” written by Danielle L., I felt disgusted by the schools principle. Her writing about cyber bullying in her school left me feeling lie it was the principles fault. I don’t understand how the principle wasn’t fired. First of all, the website should’ve been blocked so the immature kids couldn’t access the site. In my school all social media is blocked to avoid these things from happening. I feel if the principle and staff are going to leave the website unblocked, they’re to blame for the incident. “…and we made our high school safe again,” Ms. Layman says, which makes me wonder. Was your school safe to begin with? These “bullies” have been around your school the whole time but you just found out how they could act on social media. The “bullies” are still there, just not online. She also says, “What the school did next left me in awe.” I think her school should’ve done a harsher punishment. The way I see it is that the school is congratulating the kids on what they did. I’m confused on the school system and was amused by this selection.


The author's comments:

This is a review on an article I read about that blew my mind. Read my fascinating response about this poorly handled school situation.