Feedback on "Waterfall" | Teen Ink

Feedback on "Waterfall"

June 4, 2015
By annieasdas GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
annieasdas GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
14 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.


     The poem “Waterfall” by Brett Comstock caught my attention immediately. It’s a short poem, only three lines, but it created such a strong feeling inside of me. This poem is about a strong waterfall that flows down really quickly and heavily. Brett did a really good job in changing my opinion on waterfalls. His poem triggered me to rethink the existence of waterfalls. I feel like because the poem is so short, it left me with a lingering feeling. This feeling made me want to know more about what’s going through his head and why he wrote such a meaningful poem.
     The last line, “dying in the night,” was what made me think again about what the poem was about. When people usually think of waterfalls, they picture a beautiful scene. Water is streaming down into the mist at the bottom. However, Brett’s poem created a different scene and set a complete contrast in mood. The last line of the poem made me picture a powerful danger lurking in the waterfall. It no longer seemed peaceful and serene. Also, the use of no punctuation makes me question more about why he chose to do that. This poem was an amazing poem even though it was only three lines. It gave me the same feelings as a poem with thirty lines.