Cheryl Lemine by Jasmine King | Teen Ink

Cheryl Lemine by Jasmine King

June 2, 2015
By f.gavieres GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
f.gavieres GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
10 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"You are enough, you are so enough, it's unbelievable how enough you are!" -Sierra Boggess


   "Cheryl Lemine," a piece about a girl starting her first day of school after being homeschooled her whole life, is very relatable for me. She was "shy with nerves," and was scared to enter the creative writing program of her school because she was inexperienced. On my first day of sixth grade, I was nervous to enter a public school for the gifted and talented because I went to a private Catholic school since kindergarten. In my new school, I was accepted for Creative Writing Talent. I was afraid that I would be overwhelmed by enormous amounts of work and drama. However, it paid off, because I now like to create stories of my own. I had inspiring and great creative writing teachers, just as Jasmine had Mrs. Lemine who encouraged her to see what the future has in store for her writing.

    On my path of writing, I had many people who encouraged and inspired my work. I went through ups in downs, as she did when she found out that her uncle, whom she is very close with, couldn't come to see her perform a poem she wrote. I had times when I felt discouraged, and I still do, but people who I know still push me forward, and I'm very greatful to have them in my life.