Feedback on "A Pound Does Not a Person Make" | Teen Ink

Feedback on "A Pound Does Not a Person Make"

April 25, 2015
By ayabx SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
ayabx SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The day the power of love overrules the love of power, the world will finally know peace."


    "A Pound Does Not a Person Make" is an excellent story and it truly captures what it feels like to be judged by the means of society. Tristan Poindexter starts the story off with her trying on a dress, but unfortunately, it did not fit her. This didn't come as a surprise to her. All her life, she couldn't find anything she liked that fit her and was always criticized for her weight. 

     It's devastating when you finally open your eyes and see what's been happening. So many girls are insecure because of today's definition of beautiful. They have to be skinny and blemish free. Tan with nice hair. It is a terrible sight to see girls harm themselves because they don't look like the models in the magazines. Tristan's addresses this in her story. "I hear it when girls walk down the hall criticism themselves." The memoir was a beautiful piece and one of my favorites in the May issue.