Feedback for "Christmas in India" | Teen Ink

Feedback for "Christmas in India" MAG

By Sean Keenan BRONZE, North Platte, Nebraska
Sean Keenan BRONZE, North Platte, Nebraska

Celebrating Christmas in India sounds like so much fun. When I read Kavya M.’s article I thought it was very cool that she lived in India. When I think of India I picture the Hindu majority, but after I read this I was stunned to learn about the 32,000 Christians there. I’ve always wanted to visit India because of its different cultures, but now I really want to go during Christmas.

The way Kavya described decorating houses and lawns shows how they put time into making everything beautiful. I thought it was funny that they decorated their trees with fake snowballs. The whole family works together, too, to make everything beautiful. In my family my mom usually decorates the house and my dad puts up the outside lights – it’s not much of a team effort.

Kavya’s holiday memories inspired me to help my parents around the house to make Christmas more loving. Her story also revealed new information about India and Christmas. Hopefully ­other teens will read this article and try to make Christmas in America more loving and joyful.