Feedback on A Need to Create | Teen Ink

Feedback on A Need to Create

March 25, 2015
By eikat GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
eikat GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
13 articles 0 photos 0 comments

“A Need to Create” by Casey Wong describes how artistic hobbies can become far more than just a pastime; it can be something motivating, the need and passion to create and inspire. Casey talks about how, as a little girl, imagined many things and draw and color for hours. This later grew on to taking art lessons, and eventually going to an actual art studio. However, this ended as her parents could no longer afford the price, and though her love for art still lived on, there was less time to draw as well. Later on, she questions, “What did I like to do? What were my dreams?” Afterwards, she found her old drawings, and resumed her love for art at the art studio.
I loved this piece and how well written it was. I enjoy art as well, and I, too, feel like it’s more than a hobby. She claims, “It is a passionate need to create and illustrate, and it satisfies me like nothing else.” I agree with this heavily because, though it may not seem like it to others, the creation of paintings, sketches, and other things is part of me, as well as others.