Feedback on "Two Broken Parts" | Teen Ink

Feedback on "Two Broken Parts"

By annieasdas GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
annieasdas GOLD, Brooklyn, New York

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

“Two Broken Parts” was a very meaningful poem. It was about how many things, even though they seem to be ruined, can still be put together to make a whole. Not everything is the way it looks. You may see a disaster while someone else sees beauty. In the poem, Ellie gave simple examples of how things don’t seem to fit but in the end still create one masterpiece. Things are nothing on their own but when they’re connected, they make something unique. This poem really brought out the meaning behind how not everything looks the way it really is.
     I can relate to this piece of writing because I usually see things that are broken as useless. I’ve never really noticed the perfect fit between different objects. One line caught my attention the most: “The white traces the black in effortless art.” I loved the contradictory colors and how they worked together to create such a significant line. It was a perfect example of not seeming the way it is. I really liked this poem and how it warmed my heart. It gave me hope in a way and I’m glad Teen Ink shared it with me.