Finally a Princess | Teen Ink

Finally a Princess

March 10, 2015
By MJ_Styles SILVER, Phoenix, Arizona
MJ_Styles SILVER, Phoenix, Arizona
7 articles 0 photos 1 comment

I can relate to Emily Spjut's when she wrote about having cut her hair to represent Mulan in "Finally a Princess."  At a young age my sister and I had always been Dsiney children.  My father would bring us home new Disney movies after he had gotten out of work.  We had so many, we couldn't find a place to store them all.  Disney has and will alwyas be a part of me, but like Emily wanting to be like Mulan, I had always favoritized Belle as a little girl.  Now the hair incicendt, well that's a different story.  I like how Emily stated "with a snip, snip, snip, my transformation into a noble Chinese soldier..." instead of just simply stating that she cut it off.  Reading that section made me relflect back to when my sister decided to give herself a hair cut and chop off my bangs.  All in all, reading her memoir made me think back to when obsessing over dinsey princesses was in, and how badly I had always wanted to be one.  I really liked how she wrote it.  It made it seem as if the reader was a part of the memory.  It was really pleasurable to read and I might of laughed at some parts.  It was written well Emily and Nice job!