"To be a Teenager" Review | Teen Ink

"To be a Teenager" Review

By Melana Flory BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
Melana Flory BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio

“To be a Teenager” by SimplyA describes the hardships and reality of becoming a teenager.  It starts of by describing the feeling a person gets when becoming 13 years old.  Then, it goes on to describing the experiences people go through when they get into high school.  It talks about college and what being a teenager is all about.

I can relate to this piece of writing because I thought being a teenager would be way easier than it is.  There are some things talked in this paper that happen at Ayersville occasionally like drugs and violence.  It talks about couples, long lunch lines, and classmates, which are in every public school.  I can also relate because it talks about the image we are supposed to be but some people just aren’t.  This piece of writing also talks about athletics and how school is based around it, which is basically like Ayersville.  I can relate because it talks about college and what happens after/during college with friends and a career.  This piece of writing is very relatable because it talks about what being a teenager is all about which is finding yourself in a big pond of teenagers, body image issues, family problems, and grades.