"Hurdling My Mental Block" Review | Teen Ink

"Hurdling My Mental Block" Review

February 15, 2015
By KSwag16 BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
KSwag16 BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out." -John Wooden


“Hurdling My Mental Block” by Caitlynn F. really shows the reader how he or she has to believe in himself or herself.  In the beginning of Frontz’s article, she explains how hard and pressured she is in a competitive cheer team.  All of the stress adds up when they are “running the routine full out!”, she begins doing a tumbling pass and ends up falling and scraping up her face and her chin.  She begins to feel discouraged and upset as if she let the team down, and she ends up quitting her competitive cheer team. 

Although she ends up quitting her competitive cheer team, she still wants to be in sometime of cheer team.  Therefore, she tries out for her high school cheer squad.  She makes varsity, but when they try tumbling she becomes hesitant again.  Finally, with the help of a new coach she overcomes her fears and believes in herself once again.  It is very admirable of how although she was scared she still did the actions she did not want to. She shows how if someone think they can’t do something it is all in their head and they just have to believe in themselves.