Boring Boy | Teen Ink

Boring Boy

By sal33 SILVER, Defiance, Ohio
sal33 SILVER, Defiance, Ohio

This story was about a girl names Cassidy Markham, a counterculture artist, who starts liking the quarterback.  At first she couldn’t stand him always taking her things in art and just smiling all the time.  Then one day he said “Hey, it’s Cassidy!” in front of his friends, and something in her changed.  As the days went on she didn’t know but she grew to like him more.  He then texted her and she realized what was happening and she called him, knowing she was out of his league.  He said he dreamed about her, and she said she was interested in the dream.

This article was very interesting because it told a cute story of an unlikely crush.  I can relate to the character “Cassidy” in this story because I am like her in a lot of ways.  I don’t realize when I like someone, or when they like me back, I’m also an artist and try to go against the normal so to say.  I think this sort of thing happens at every school at least once when an underdog who know one seems to notice get noticed by one of the most popular people at school.  When reading this it made me feel excited and interested in what was going to happen next. Although I’m not surprised how the story ended, I still loved reading it.