Middle School Crush | Teen Ink

Middle School Crush

February 6, 2015
By cgreene_44 SILVER, Defiance, Ohio
cgreene_44 SILVER, Defiance, Ohio
7 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I found “Middle School Crush” by Abigail, to be a very realistic passage.  Many young children have “crushes” in middle school, and the author described everything very well.  I thought it was funny when she wrote, “It feels like Valentine’s Day has thrown up all over you.”  Abigail also talked about when you get crushed when you find out he doesn’t like you.  He likes “that girl,” who is the girl who is prettier than you and no matter how hard you try, you can’t hate her.  I also really liked how she ended the passage.  The author talked about how important it is to worry about other things than just boys.


I feel I can relate to this because I was in middle school and had crushes.  My best friend and I would always talk about our crushes to each other.  I feel like I would also say stupid things when I was around him.  I would always get nervous and feel like I wouldn’t have a chance with him.  I always felt like every other girl was prettier or cooler than I was.  Now, I realize that there is more to life than boys, and that I shouldn’t worry about how other girls look or act.  All I need is to feel confident in myself and not worry what other people may think or say.