Feedback on GMOs: What Do You Know? | Teen Ink

Feedback on GMOs: What Do You Know?

By eikat GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
eikat GOLD, Brooklyn, New York

“GMOs: What Do You Know?” by Madeline Scott is an extremely informative piece that made my opinion on GMOs change. The concept of GMOs, or genetically modified organisms, has been widely disagreed upon and argued. Many don’t approve of foods including them, and protests have been formed to eliminate them as well. However, Madeline discusses the misconceptions of these modifications, proving that they aren't entirely bad as others make them out to be.
When I learned about GMOs, I researched about them and found many reasons why they were considered bad, and that they were potentially dangerous to our health. This article debunks most of them and made me wonder, “Are they really that bad?” Food being altered isn't as terrible as it sounds, and can help it fend off pests, grow faster in bad terrain, and be cultivated more easily. They can even be a huge benefit to many. Madeline proves this point by saying, “…The Golden Rice Project, as well as other beneficial GM projects, could help millions of people.” By stating these many facts, I can say know that I completely support GMOs now.