How Tall Are You This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I found “Andrea”’s article “How Tall Are You?” very relatable. She wrote about how her height used to make her insecure. I am 5'11" and understand exactly how she feels. I get asked the same questions she does: “Do you play basketball?” and “How tall are you?”

In her article “Andrea” explains how she played volleyball and felt like a star because she was the tallest and could block and spike well. I also play volleyball and always hated being so tall. I used to be made fun of as “Andrea” was, but as I grew up I realized those people weren’t worth worrying about, and I started to accept my height.

I learned that being tall is a great advantage. Yeah, you might not be able to find guys who are taller than you all the time, but that’s not all that matters in life. What’s really important is how happy you are with yourself. Now I have good self-esteem and just laugh at people who feel the need to make rude comments about my height.