Feedback on "The Cube" By Danielle Nelson | Teen Ink

Feedback on "The Cube" By Danielle Nelson

November 6, 2014
By Carmelo SILVER, New York City, New York
Carmelo SILVER, New York City, New York
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Feedback on “The Cube” By Danielle Nelson

“The Cube” by Danielle Nelson is a very relatable college essay.  Danielle tells of her ever-growing addiction to Rubik’s cubes and how her persistence and determination helped her master her skills.  She compares this with that of her persistence and determination in her academic and extracurricular life.  These qualities helped her get through high school and changed her life, because of a Rubik’s cube.   This essay is one that is inspirational, showing how devotion is very rewarding.
Honestly, I can relate to this.  For the past few years, I have been playing basketball, training and training to become better.  I was so determined to be a starter when I first joined a team.  Eventually, through constant practice, I became one.  I applied this determination in middle school.  In sixth grade, I wasn’t as good as I am now at creative writing, not by a long shot.  By practice and guidance, and of course determination, I was able to reach my current aptitude in writing.  It was the same thing in math.  As Danielle Nelson said, “I know I can do anything I set my mind to, and I will not stop until I succeed.”  The piece is well written and smooth, allowing a clear view of the author’s main idea: That anything is possible when devotion and determination is applied.