The War of Prepubescence | Teen Ink

The War of Prepubescence

By R.bhuiyan GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
R.bhuiyan GOLD, Brooklyn, New York

"Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright until they speak"

"A Transcendent Failure", by Adam Libresco is an interesting peice. Being of the dominating gender (female) I never knew what a male of the homo sapien species went through when attempting a mating call to the female of desire. In this peice, he descriptively captures the Antebellum Period of the most terrible war of a prepubescent teenager: Dating. He builds up to the climax, which to some, may have seemed a let-down, but to him was a win. He had the courage, the guts, the audacity, the manliness to speak the truth. He shows that he ended a king, not a loser.

Libresco may have just had a descent, but just a first amongst many, i'm sure. Though that may be true, these descents will be mixed with blessings of a yes. A territory gained for a territory lost. Libresco may have just been declined his way to his underdeveloped prepubescent needs, but he has just been accepted by his true homo sapien necessities. Manhood.