Homeschool Blues This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I agree with everything Catie F. had to say in “Homeschool Blues.” A lot of people stereotype homeschoolers. I used to be homeschooled, and when I started public school for the first time in ninth grade, I got a lot of reactions like “Where did you come from?” as if I had just arrived from Mars and this was my first time in the real world.

There are many reasons for homeschooling. I know quite a few homeschoolers, and most have had great experiences. Homeschooling can have great academic benefits. Many well-known people were educated at home, including Abraham Lincoln and Sandra Day O’Connor. Also homeschooled kids are not exposed to bullying and negative peer pressure.

I have no regrets about my education at home, and I think I am better off because of it.

ConstanceContraire said...
I LOVE HOMESCHOOL! :D

CABhahahaHPhahaTL said...
Jan. 3, 2009 at 7:32 am
THANK YOU!!!!!!!! I really needed to hear that I will survive. I move a LOT and I have to cut my school year in half for my next move and ill have to finish my year at home, i have heard such negative out lo0oks its good to know its just opinion and not fact.