A Nerd's Life | Teen Ink

A Nerd's Life

I kind of agree with this person, there isn’t anything wrong with being a nerd. If you’re a nerd because you’re really smart then that can be very good because then when you get older you could get a really good job and make a lot of money or you might help the world in some way. I also agree that society does teach kids that being really smart or being a nerd is bad and I don’t think that’s right.

on May. 1 2011 at 10:09 am
RChander BRONZE, Barrington, Rhode Island
Society has matured with the idea that intelligence is not a requirement in life. And because it isn't, everybody frowns down on it out of jealousy or just because of a nerd's social life. To the world, a nerd is a textbook waiting to be used before getting thrown in a shady locker, and that in itself  is wrong. Society should learn to respect the intellectually superior, and not send them away. They are the people that would shape future! And for some twisted reason, nerds are regarded as social outcasts at some point. None of this should happen; life only grows when you have people that can be smart.