Where Do I Belong? This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I really enjoyed reading Anastasia Q.’s college essay, “Where do I Belong?” I felt that she didn’t just tell us she felt out of place, she showed us why, and it really touched my heart. Not only did it make me feel sad, but the opening about the ant climbing the wall made me laugh. I thought it was really cute that she knew she was talking to an ant but didn’t care.

I completely agree with Anastasia when she says, “Caught between two cultures and belonging to neither, I have to focus not on what country I’m from or what language I speak, but on who I am.” I find this to be so true. In my opinion, it is more important to know what kind of person you are than where you belong. Anastasia did a great job making the reader feel what she was experiencing and keeping the reader interested.

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

madmadie22 said...
Jun. 10, 2010 at 10:28 pm:
Wow, this is a really great review :)  Good job!