Connected | Teen Ink

Connected

By Katherine Furman SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
Katherine Furman SILVER, Brooklyn, New York

Catherine Cheng, the author of “Connected”, states that “Sisterhood is a connection that is forever unbreakable.” I feel that those words are beautifully said and express the meaning of being sisters. In her article, Catherine shares how her younger sisters are there for her when she is stressed out about the homework and quizzes that are piled up on her. Even though there are times when she is convinced that she hates them, she still loves them. That’s how many sisters feel towards each other. They fight. They hate. But inside there is always love. I really liked the way Catherine shared her own experience with her siblings and connected it to the meaning of sisterhood.

For me, it felt like I was growing up as an only child, even though I had an older sister. Because of our large age difference, we don’t really spend as much time together as other siblings do. I barely get too see her and when she does come over, we just talk a bit and that’s basically it. Catherine’s experience reminded me how special our siblings can be. The way her younger sisters help her out when she is overwhelmed made me remember the times my own sister came to the rescue when I was stressed out about homework and projects. She was always there when I needed her and that’s what keep us connected just like Catherine is connected to her sisters. I really enjoyed this heart-warming piece that made me realize how much I do love and appreciate having a sister.