Real Emotion This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Your magazine is excellent; I love reading it. I like how you have very different real-life stories, because it shows that the world is not just full of sunshine and rainbows. For example, in “Wishing It Away,” author Riley Lause talks about having a painful surgery on her knee. At the end of the story, to make matters worse, the doctor explains that she will need to have the same surgery on the other leg.

On the other hand, some stories show that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, like “Giving a Piece of Herself” by Kourtney Nehring. When her family got the horrible news that her three-year-old cousin had cancer, Kourtney's sister had the courage to cut her hair for Locks of Love. This story is touching and shows that even in the most terrible situations you can often find something inspiring and touching.

Again, I congratulate you. This is my favorite magazine of all time.