Screw "What If" | Teen Ink

Screw "What If"

By Vincent Jiang SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
Vincent Jiang SILVER, Brooklyn, New York

The inspiring article “Screw ‘What If’” Josie Luetke told a version of world peace through beautifully written verses and lines. Josie creates many unique scenes to combat violence and war through fun, childish alternatives. For example, a substitute for dropping bombs on enemies would be to dance and make peace with the other side. These replacements of pain and suffering would make the world a better place.

I believe the methods to create world peace would be a great way to succeed in this difficult, but not impossible, goal. The heartwarming and cheerful substitutes would help make happiness around the world. Activities usually done by children, such as snowball battles and pillow fights, would help start friendships instead of deaths. This can probably create world peace and stop problems much more effectively than other attempts.

Josie Luetke also stated that pursuers for world peace should stop creating a perfect world in their minds. Instead, they should try to make an attempt to change the world. This seemed logical and correct. Most people who want world peace make no effort to pursue the goal, only wishing for it. If everyone who wanted this tried to change the world, life would be much better.