"The Starbucks Ghandi" | Teen Ink

"The Starbucks Ghandi"

In his "Starbucks Ghandi” article, Erin Hoffman has a new and funny way to describe the intimidation of having a new job. He describes the panic of being in a new situation and the constant aid that he needed until his favorite customer came in, who he refers to as his Ghandi. When this Ghandi character voices a complicated order, Erin feels alone in the world of Starbucks.
The references to the well known and highly visited Starbucks allow him to communicate his message and connect with his audience.The humor that is portrayed through the article is welcoming yet amusing to the audience. Erin sets a tone that can be equally matched to his audiences.
As Erin described the panic and the helplessness of the complicated orders of his customers, I could relate to him because of a similar situation that happened to me when I approached a new situation. I can feel the stares as I awkwardly try to order in the new language of the complicated menu in any new place. Therefore, I could relate to the situation and enjoy it.