Of My Generation | Teen Ink

Of My Generation MAG

By Vincent Jiang BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
Vincent Jiang BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York

In the Points of View article “Of My ­Generation,” Amal Oladuja speaks about the 21st century and all the decisions that are made, especially by teenagers. He declares that everything in life has been planned out by the previous generation’s ­geniuses and today’s most important figures. He feels that everyone must follow this plan. Although what he says may apply to some, it is not true for everyone.

Amal claims that technology is overused by teenagers today. For many, it is an escape from the real world, where we have many problems. However, not all young people are brainwashed by machines and strive to be like everyone else – to “fit in.” Many speak freely with friands and are still generally accepted. He also feels that sudden changes in life are negative overall. However, important changes, such as moving to new places, will become great adventures and eventually enjoyable memories.

The world does not crush dreams that are not sensible, as Amal believes. Teenagers today often pursue goals and hobbies that may not be considered to result in “stable jobs,” such as art or writing. Their work inspires creativity in the world and future generations. If there were no new artists in this world – which includes musicians and dancers as well as painters – then life would be bland and uninteresting.

Finally, everyone’s future is not determined. People can change their lives by making new choices and following interesting ideas.