Teen Drinking | Teen Ink

Teen Drinking

In this article I do agree with Sarah, but there are also some things I disagree with. For instance, when teens drink, they become not themselves, but its every person¡¯s choice what they want to do with their life. Don¡¯t get me wrong, yes, teens drink and, yes, driving accidents do occur, as goes the same for when they are sober. Teens tend to drink because it¡¯s said to be that they will have more fun, but you can have just as much fun without the use of alcohol. In this article it basically said, if you drink you have sex, get pregnant, and ruin your life. I don¡¯t agree with any of that, yes mistakes happen, but they don¡¯t ruin your life forever. No matter what happens, you can get back on track if you try hard enough. Everything that happens drunk also occurs sober. Alcohol shouldn¡¯t be used as a label of, ¡°bad¡±.

elly said...
she is not saying that she drinks, she is saying that it is everyones personal choice if they want to drink or not. she is also saying that it is not being labeled as "bad".

misunderstanding why would you drink as a teenager, you must be really messed up

elly said...
thank you!

I agree with you that drinking shouldn't be the label "bad". Bad things can always happen sober or not. And yes teen drinking is every person's personal choice. I happen to know some people that do drink on occasion and they are still the same people, I still treat them the same. They aren’t different. If they want to have more fun that way let them. You can’t stop them it is there decision even if you don’t like it you should respect it. Just because you let them do it doesn’t mean you have to. That is your own personal choice.