CONCERNS REGARDING INDIAN TSUNAMI | Teen Ink

CONCERNS REGARDING INDIAN TSUNAMI

By ohana.d PLATINUM, Dubai, Other
ohana.d PLATINUM, Dubai, Other

Life is sarcastically a beautiful journey...

Bs is expected but not accepted....

To the editor,
Times of India

I am an avid reader of your newspaper. The esteemed columns of newspapers, flickering TV channels and social network posts are flooded with news about the Himalayan Tsunami, that happened recently in Uttarakhand.
The plights of some innocent lives are really drastic, depressing and to some extent, unnoticed. My aunt and her family had recently gone there for a tour and fortunately, many passengers like her were saved inspite of no signs and signals.
Global warming, pollution and other climatic activities along with human actions like these are susceptible for landslides, floods and other disasters. This flash flood has washed away villages and taken away lives and now these ravaged places have been marooned. Infact now the development clock has been set a decade back.
But I think this damage was not completely nature's fault.India's natural disaster management body has neither implemented any project successfully nor has any information about progress in state level. It is even sad to know that the higher authorities are just passing on the buck by, which makes it evident that alarms and warnings regarding this issue had fallen on deaf ears. Millions are spent on elections and other celebrity gatherings, why not for this cause?
It was only after the arrival of army and airforce, the BRO and the ITBP, did the rescue and relief operation got into action.The inability of the government to take adequate measures to rescue the people and bring relief and the lapse on the part of Meteorological department to predict the heavy rains all expose their ineptitude regarding this issue and has turned out to be one of India's broken promises.
To conclude, more disasters like this will occur if necessary precautions are not taken. Thankyou for reading my letter.