Four Chairs Down This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

L
Libby Sellers' article “Four Chairs Down” did an exceptional job of drawing out a troubled bit of my conscience that had long been hidden away, and for that I am grateful. I think situations similar to the one described in this piece occur far too often. “Four Chairs Down” is a beautifully written reminder to do what we can to prevent our peers from resorting to darker alternatives of escape, especially ones that are irreversible.

This piece contains a clear message to bystanders who are silent witnesses to bullying. As Libby states, we all at one point or another “still regret not talking to him [or her].” Rarely, though, do we admit this – even to ourselves.

So what does this article suggest? It's simple, really, and I thank Libby for bringing this clear answer to light: You can be that difference for somebody to choose life over death, an influence for that person who sits alone, four chairs down.