Devin Scott’s Story | Teen Ink

Devin Scott’s Story MAG

By Carol_L BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
Carol_L BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York

“Devin Scott’s Story,” as told by Megan Haddox, really spoke to how much can be too much for a person to handle, and how one accidental action can lead to a death. As I read it, I felt a wave of emotions, from sadness to anger and frustration. Devin definitely didn’t deserve to have been brought to such an awful decision.

This article really shows how people can be so clueless. How could any of the peers who taunted Devin actually wear blue in his memory when they were the ones who caused his death? How could they not know that bullying can be deadly when there are so many stories in the news now about bullying and suicides?

It’s heartbreaking to read about this boy who as just a teenager threw his life away because of the actions of acquaintances. Given that Devin was a really great kid and saved other people from suicide, it’s ironic that he ended up committing suicide himself without anybody saving him.

Megan’s story about Devin was beautiful and tragic at the same time. It reminds me to forgive and forget, because hanging on to anger can lead to something even worse in the end.

Groocho SILVER said...
on Oct. 6 2013 at 6:35 pm
Groocho SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
I agree with many of your opinions, especially how tragic Devin Scott's death was. I felt that you were able to bring up various profound points and made me think about the situation in a new way. 

on Oct. 5 2013 at 9:42 pm
poeticlove143 GOLD, St. Martinville, Louisiana

" The Lord is my Shepherd there is nothing I shall want" Psalm 23:1

I read the article and I honestly felt that it was true because so many things happen to people because of the simple act bullyings. Bullying takes place in every way shape and form suchas cyberbullying, verbal, mental, and physical bullying. Im in the SADD club at my school and I want to do a peaceful protest against bullying because there are to many of our young people getting hurt and hurting themselves. I think that this needs to stop because it's causing too many people their lives everyday. So join the movement and help prevent bullying in the world.