Devin Scott’s Story | Teen Ink

Devin Scott’s Story MAG

September 20, 2013
By Carol_L BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
Carol_L BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

“Devin Scott’s Story,” as told by Megan Haddox, really spoke to how much can be too much for a person to handle, and how one accidental action can lead to a death. As I read it, I felt a wave of emotions, from sadness to anger and frustration. Devin definitely didn’t deserve to have been brought to such an awful decision.

This article really shows how people can be so clueless. How could any of the peers who taunted Devin actually wear blue in his memory when they were the ones who caused his death? How could they not know that bullying can be deadly when there are so many stories in the news now about bullying and suicides?

It’s heartbreaking to read about this boy who as just a teenager threw his life away because of the actions of acquaintances. Given that Devin was a really great kid and saved other people from suicide, it’s ironic that he ended up committing suicide himself without anybody saving him.

Megan’s story about Devin was beautiful and tragic at the same time. It reminds me to forgive and forget, because hanging on to anger can lead to something even worse in the end.