Summer Hiatus? This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I have noticed that Teen Ink only publishes ten issues of the magazine per year. Why not publish in July and August? With so many teen writers submitting articles every day, two more issues would give more writers the chance to have their work published. Also, with all the homework and other commitments that teens have to juggle during the school year, summer may be a time when teens are more productive with their writing. You would be offering them a better activity to counteract their boredom than watching TV or going online.

I also think it would provide teens with the option to read new articles during the summer without having to strain their eyes looking at their computer screens or iPhones. This would be a huge benefit to both readers and writers. So I ask you, Teen Ink editors, to please consider this idea.

Editor’s response: We don’t publish in the summer because most of our copies are sent to schools which, of course, are closed in July and August. But summer is a great time for you to read, fine-tune your writing, and submit work to us. TeenInk.com’s vibrant community of writers and artists is active all summer too.

Liv.HarrisThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 25 at 7:55 pm
I agree, they need to send magazines in July and August as well ^_^

sameenmaaliThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 23 at 11:29 pm
love your article!