Why isn't Teen Ink published during July or August?

I have noticed that Teen Ink only publishes ten issues of the magazine each year. Why not publish issues of the magazine during July or August? With so many teen writers submitting articles everyday, publishing more issues would give more writers the chance to have their work published. Also, with all the schoolwork and many other commitments that teens have to juggle during the school year it is likely that the summer is the time when teens are most productive with their writing. Having the magazine published for the other two months of summer would help give teens more of an incentive to write and in general be more productive during the summer. In addition, you would be offering them a better activity to counteract boredom than watching tv or going on the internet. I also think this would provide teens with the option to read new articles during the summer without having to strain their eyes while looking at their computer screens or iphones. This would be a huge benefit to both readers and writers. So I ask you Teen Ink editors to please consider this idea.

chocolatina This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
agreed. should publish july and august

jewelia said...
I agree. Even two more issues can make a HUGE difference. That's SO many more works of writing that can be published and that can make someone's day!

jlsnchz said...
Agree.