May Edition Teen Ink 2013 Feedback

I’m not usually a person inclined to voluntarily reading nonfiction texts, but I was incredibly impressed with the May edition’s nonfiction section. The first things that caught my eye were the contrasting articles about gun control in the United States in the point of view section. Flipping through the next couple of pages, I smiled to myself. I found it remarkable that teens could craft such well-developed, profound opinions on controversial topics such as politics.
The main reason I love Teen Ink is because it gives teenagers all over the world a chance to voice their beliefs. It’s a safe haven, away from the pressure of adulthood, where we can be taken seriously and our thoughts matter. Reading the two pieces gave me a strange sense of satisfaction; it dawned on me that what I say could have an effect on others, both negatively and positively. I felt inspired after reading through the other articles, like I should try to use my power as a teen for a greater good. Thank you Teen Ink, for motivating teenagers everywhere to be better people.