Feedback | Teen Ink

Feedback

March 8, 2013
By JLiempeck SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
JLiempeck SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
If a thing is worth doing,
It's worth doing right.

-Hunter S. Thopson


Dear Teen Ink,

Your magazine has very good reviews, feedback and stories. My communicative arts teacher receives about 35 copies each month. Our class reads them and then we discuss what we read with the teacher. We debate and argue our points and have some very good conversations.

I have some suggestions that I think would be beneficial to the magazine. I think you should take art pieces that middle school and high school students draw and put them in the magazine. You could also consider a section about bullying events and how they impact the victims and and the bullies.You can highlight things that students do at schools to raise awareness about different causes. At my school, we have the ''Spread the word to end the word'' campaign which is an event where we sign a pledge not to say the word ''retarded''. We have an event called “20 Acts of Kindness” where we do random acts of kindness around our school and our town. We also have an anti-bulling campaign, we have a Builders Club and we recently raised over $400 for a Milwaukee hospital to buy cribs for mothers of newborn babies.

There are many things going on at different schools all over the United States that could be shared with other schools. Please consider my suggestions to you magazine.

Sincerely,


Jordan L.