Poetry This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Although I love poetry, I find the multiple-page section of just poetry can get overwhelming at times. Many of the poems are beautifully written, but I find myself skipping over some to read the ones that are particularly eye-catching. Unfortunately, these skipped poems are actually well worth the read. Students who do not enjoy poetry may find that having the poems clumped at the end of the magazine provides an incentive to skip over them altogether.

Perhaps it would be better for the poetry to be more evenly distributed throughout the magazine, to accentuate the articles and the poems themselves. The poetry section would be so much easier to read and enjoy if it were shorter, and distributing the rest throughout the article-heavy sections would make the poetry section shorter without ­reducing the number of poems.

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

MyApocalypticThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 15, 2013 at 7:48 pm:
I like your suggestion. However, to offer an alternative point of view, I never feel more inspired than I do after spending a good chunk of time reading the Poetry section of TeenInk magazine. Reading everyone's different styles and thoughts and musings, jumbled together, some with quick rhythms, some with slow, sad, wandering tones... there's nothing that gets my creative side more excited. Your suggestion does have merit, though, and I hope the editors are considering it :)