The Beef Debate This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

When I saw “The Beef Debate,” I was prepared for a long-winded article demanding that I only purchase organic, free-range meat. But I am glad I persevered and read the whole essay. For starters, Chase did not demand that I do anything. He instead gave me the facts about the two types of cattle – grain-fed and grass-fed – to broaden my knowledge. Chase provides two viable viewpoints: Grain-fed cattle taste better and is less expensive, while grass-fed is healthier and the cattle are treated more humanely.

Chase backs his facts with his experience working with steer on his family farm, as well as his grandparent's travels through a cattle feedlot. He concludes that both the grass-fed and grain-fed farms are in business for the profit, so it is not important to look for “hidden morals.”

This information reveals that behind the advertising of any company, the motive is money. In conclusion, Chase's article was not only informative about cattle and meat sales, but it was also enjoyable to read and had an underlying lesson.