What Does It Take to be Published in Teen Ink? | Teen Ink

What Does It Take to be Published in Teen Ink?

January 4, 2013
By WinkieM SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
WinkieM SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
8 articles 0 photos 8 comments

"What Does It Take to be Published in Teen Ink?" by Adrienne P is a thoughtful article questioning what it takes to have an original story printed in the monthly magazine. It asks what every Teen Ink user may ponder about. The questions deal with Teen Ink publication and a "good writer's" skills.

Adrienne states many things that can easily be related to. I myself wonder what is required to be in the magazine: sophistication? Creativity? An Editor's Choice badge? Maybe all three of those, and possibly more. However, the only way to find out is to keep trying, and perhaps one day, the little yellow book symbol will appear beside your article.

The last questions circle around the qualifications of a good writer. There is an infinite amount of definitions and beliefs for a "good writer." I agree with the editor's thoughts. Everyone has the potential of striving in this field; however, these abilities are dormant and are only obtained through sincere practice. An author should construct pieces that bring about a desired emotion in the reader. Achieving this can lead you to success.

Any writer, specifically a Teen Ink one, can connect to this article. We all wish to be published in the magazine, and we definitely wish to become a spectacular writer, if not already. Thank you, Adrienne, for your bravery in proposing these questions.