Refusing to Rate This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Since my article was published in Teen Ink magazine, the number of views it received on TeenInk.com went from 30 to a whopping 400 in a few months. That's an incredible increase, no matter who you are. I couldn't get that if I spent a month spamming the chat rooms and reviewing other people's work.

And yet with those 400 views, I have only five comments and six ratings, all of which were there before I was published. I don't know about you, but I think this is absolutely ridiculous. Teen Ink isn't just a writing website; it's a writing community. As a member, it's your obligation to give feedback, whether by commenting or rating.

I just checked – it takes two and a half seconds, just two clicks of the mouse, to rate a piece. It's not hard, and as a writer, I know I greatly appreciate it when someone takes the time.

A total of 2,295,820,800 seconds is the average life expectancy. Will you spend two seconds of that helping another writer?

laila_265This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 26 at 11:26 pm:
Agreed! I think a goal of all writers is to get people talking about their work. This is such a great opportunity for feedback- wish people would give some! 

TheSkyOwesMeRainThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 10 at 1:41 pm:
Great work! And I totally agree, it doesn't take that much work to rate, or comment, for the matter. 

FiretipThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 3 at 10:05 pm:
This makes me laugh so much. 73 views, 1 comment, 6 ratings. What was I talking about again? I forgot.

alliperkins This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 30 at 11:40 am:
So true. You'd think that for a bunch of mind-speakers we'd be a little bit more willing to share our thoughts and opinions about something we're so passionate about.

Warning: Unknown: open(/var/lib/php5/sess_s9nvg6rb8sudn2f0vrkotb8835, O_RDWR) failed: No space left on device (28) in Unknown on line 0 Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/lib/php5) in Unknown on line 0