El Pato | Teen Ink

El Pato

October 31, 2012
By Anonymous

I agree completely with how the author of this piece felt, because my grandfather passed away in his Hospice bed just a couple of months ago. I can relate to just about everything she mentions in her piece, and feel her pain in the death of her grandfather. My grandpa was always cheerful, loving, and energetic just as she portrays hers to be, and he left a bigger legacy than anyone else I know has when they've passed away. I loved him more than anyone I've ever known, and miss him very much, just like she misses hers. I understand what she went through in the writing, because I went through just about the same thing, although instead of bone cancer my grandpa died from smoking his whole life and the effects and diseases it gave him. I'm not too surprised at how the death affected her, because much of it is experienced by everyone who loses someone close. There are, however, certain things the author went through that were worse than I did, such as how her grandmother took the death. My grandma took it very well, mainly, I think, because my grandpa's death was easily foreseeable, but still had a large impact when we finally reached that sad day.