Not-So-Silent Majority This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I agree completely with Shreekari Tadepalli in her article “Not-So-Silent Majority.” She asserts that while some forms of bullying (race, gender, sexual orientation) are commonly acknowledged, religious-based bullying is not.

This type of bullying includes telling someone to go to a different church, mocking their religious values, or trying to force them to convert. Although this bullying is usually not physical, it can leave psychological marks if others are constantly trying to convince you that your faith is wrong.

While religion may not specifically be discussed in schools, religious bullying and religious elitism still occur because there are rarely rules against it. Thank you, Shreekari for bringing up this topic. As a Christian, I have seen religious bullying many times, and sadly most of the offenders have been Christians.