Picture This by Jenni R

"Picture This" by Jenni Rudolph is a humorous article involving the hardships of Picture Day. Rudolph describes the difficulties of perfecting everything; such as makeup, hair, and the outfit, for this dreadful day. Many teens who spend weeks on planning for this event, will be unsatisfied with their picture; either the smile will be too broad, or the hair is a mess. However, the few who decided to get ready at the last minute, will be the ones who are impressed by their photograph.
As Picture Day slowly makes its arrival, most people would be able to compare to this article. "Some people like to go for the introspective "thinker" gaze. while others do the half-smile, as in "I'm pretending I don't really care about this picture, when really I've been planning it for the past month. Either way, they end up looking like they're on drugs." These statements in particular caught my attention by the humour that lingers between the words. Jenni Rudolph succeeded in making me laugh at loud and comparing myself to all the examples that she had brought up.

JRsingersongwriter This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Thanks for the kind comment about my article Picture This! I'm really flattered.... :D I would like to mention that the original title was actually "Why I'd Like to Severely Injure the Person Who Created School Photos" but Teen Ink changed it, since it was rather long ;)