"To India and Back" | Teen Ink

"To India and Back"

By Katlyn Smith SILVER, Monticello, Illinois
Katlyn Smith SILVER, Monticello, Illinois

In his nonfiction article “To India and Back” John Klingelnofer tells us about how his life was changed with one trip to India. He tells us about learning and teaching with the children. Also about how he learned to live life to the fullest and never take anything for granted.

At first when I read this article I had never really known how many people in other countries around the world are in need. The story really made me feel like I need to make a difference. My school does not offer very many chances to volunteer, but I hope that will change. Also this story made me want to go places and see the world. It made me want to help people who didn’t know what to do. Now I am hoping to visit the world and see what I can do to help the other people in it.

Lastly, I think that this piece was wonderfully written from a sense that everyone can read it. Also I love the way how he put the whole article together. I hope to write something like this one day and I hope to see more pieces like this in teen ink.