Getting Published This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Thank you for taking the time to even read this e-mail. I can only imagine how busy you are! First, I want to say how much I love TeenInk.com! I originally only signed up to read other people’s work, but they inspired me to write and now I’m submitting work too!

I have a question about Teen Ink magazine: how do you choose which pieces to publish? Are all the articles on the website “in the running” for the magazine?

Thank you for your time.

Laura Gardner,
Thornwood, NY

Editor’s response: Laura, we read everything sent to us, and I mean everything! We receive over 150,000 submissions each year, so we have a lot to choose from when deciding what to publish in the magazine. Everything submitted through our website is considered for publication in the magazine. The best submissions are written from the heart, original, and about something other teens will relate to. But within those criteria, there is a lot of room for subjectivity. So, please tell us what you think of the articles we choose to publish. This magazine is by, for, and about you, the readers.