Ratings VS Comments.

I would like to be blunt, if you will allow me. A matter has come to my attention over the years of my membership with TeenInk. Ninety percent or more of the time, I receive emails from TeenInk saying that someone or many people have rated my articles. This is all fine and dandy, but I WANT TO KNOW WHY.

So, please, tell me why you gave me a 1 out of 5 star rating, or even a 5 out of 5. Tell me what you liked, what you didn't like, and tell me why. If you say "this is great", then tell me why. What about it made it great, or even terrible? What phrase, what tone? I want to know what you think about my work. I want constructive criticism so I can become a better writer.

So please, please, COMMENT ON MY WORK.

Thank you for your time, have a wonderful day.

AriShine This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I completely agree with you. I've gotten a couple ratings on my work, but when there is no comment, it is  frustrating.

pandagirl312 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 3, 2012 at 9:16 am:
Agreed. But some people look at my work without rating or commenting which I find to be really annoying. I try to comment and/or rate everything I read on Teenink.