Positive Poetry This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I believe that reading positive things can plant a better outlook in a person. But there are so many dark and gloomy poems. I understand that authors write these poems because they want to lighten the weight they carry inside. But another way to throw that weight aside is by reading or writing something positive.

Therefore, I suggest you add another section of poetry to the website called “Carpe Diem.” This could encourage teenagers to submit poetry that’s positive. And when others read them, it might help lighten their mood. Wouldn’t it be a pleasure if there was a section on the website full of light to share with others?

Nguyenkhanhtran said...
quite so, it could also perhaps be our common aesthetic, we all love a good fight. We all love a good rocky road novel before the triumphant ending. Or even something else, sometimes, we convert the sadness into a sort of happiness, warmth. Comforting, but anguish in the long run. Perhaps, it is time to make new endings, not tracing back for a new beginning. 

DaisyAngel said...
May 26, 2012 at 10:22 am
Thank you! I totally agree! I can't even count how many times I have had to log off of my computer because the poems on this site made me so depressed. Why can't people write poems about bunnies? Personally, I think that's better than death and dying. This is why I mainly read haikus. Mostly, they are about nature and joy, and if they aren't, they're so short that they can't cause much damage. Great post!