Bosnia: The Hidden ­Genocide | Teen Ink

Bosnia: The Hidden ­Genocide MAG

By cocohasaphd BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
cocohasaphd BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

<insert super inspiring quote here>

“Bosnia: The Hidden Genocide” by Sabiha Masud is a horrifying account of the much-overlooked Bosnian genocide. I’ll admit I didn’t know about this disturbing event until I read this article. The Holocaust has been documented in many books, portrayed in movies, etc., but when people hear the word Bosnia, most say “what?” There are millions of people out there in the world who are completely unaware of this devastating tragedy.

The article focuses on the dreadful experiences of Osman Talic, a brave survivor. Being forced to burn his hands on a stove with a knife to his throat was just one of the many horrors Talic lived through. It is shocking and truly disturbing that any human would be subjected to the conditions described in this article. There really needs to be a lot more awareness about this “hidden genocide.” The Bosnian Genocide should receive just as much attention as the Holocaust.

Thanks, Sabiha. You’re making a big step in informing everyone of this.

EstherSora GOLD, Woodside, New York
Wow! I had no idea that there was a genocide in Bosnia, one of friends is Bosnian, so this was very interesting to read/know about.