I Can Move Through Worlds Response | Teen Ink

I Can Move Through Worlds Response

February 15, 2012
By phoenixgoddess18 BRONZE, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
phoenixgoddess18 BRONZE, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The piece “I Can Move Through Worlds” by Antonio Lopez was extremely inspirational. I feel that I am connected to two different worlds many times, and I’m sure that other teens feel the same way. It may be worlds of culture, interest, or social life, but for me it’s a total spiritual reflection. I can very much relate to this because many times after long periods of meditation, I know that there are two worlds dividing me: One that’s inside my head, and the real world around me.

A lot of mental images and dreams inspire me to create pieces of art and writing to help the rest of the world see what I see behind closed eyes. I have very different points of view on society, and many times I feel that the one in my head should be the one around me. There’s not much I can do to change reality into my ideal world, but I can hope that an attempt to “intertwine them” , as Antonio concurred, will at least make a dent in the supposedly impenetrable reality we have made for ourselves as human beings.