Feedback on Teen Mom

I think that Felisha F’s review of Teen Mom was very untrue, and I contradict with her opinions in her article.

Felisha mentions how the show is an “inspiring show for other teen mothers.” However, these teen mothers don’t portray an accurate representation of mature mothers. Instead, the show glorifies their life to have these teenagers focus on new cars, new clothes and plastic surgery while they don’t look after their kids. It underestimates how hard parenting is, and the kids are neglected. The teen girls often end up in jail or rehab.

Not only that, the audience ranges. It influences teenagers’ decisions to become a mother at an early age, even when they aren’t mature enough. The message of the show encourages young girls to get pregnant just for an opportunity to get on TV and become famous. People like Amber, for example, from season 1. Throughout the show, she was seen hitting, pushing, and verbally abusing her baby’s father, Gary. Like Amber, most of the girls on the show face issues of domestic violence and abuse and wasn’t mature enough to be raising a child. This should not be the role models that teens should be looking up to. When teens see each other doing something, chances are, they will follow and do the same thing. The phrase “monkey see, monkey do” refers to this.

I think that Felisha’s article about the show, Teen Mom, is very contradicting to the message that the show truly shows. It does not promote a positive message and causes more trouble in its influences than it helps.