Any song of hers by "Regina Spektor" | Teen Ink

Any song of hers by "Regina Spektor"

December 1, 2011
By Theresa_J BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
Theresa_J BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Good better best. Never let it rest until your good is your better and your better is your best"


Christopher K. deserves a standing ovation for his article explaining the works of the God given talent Regina Spektor. What I love most about Regina is the attitude and energy she gives off in her music. In my eyes, I see her as a harmonic fairy and in my ears I hear her as a siren. Her powerful melodies continue to draw me into her pixie sound-a-like world. Personally, my favorite song by her is “eet.” The song, in a literal sense, speaks on forgetting about a song that would be highly favorable to someone and them trying to go back and remember the song once again. How I interpreted the song however was the song that was being forgotten was the song of love and the struggles of trying to come back to that song. When you have been hurt deeply by the person you dedicated your heart and soul to, you find yourself leaving that path of love and never having the intentions to go back. This is what the first half of the song is about. The other half of the song talks about the reconstruction of that path. After the song is over, the listener feels as if they have been taken through a world wind of emotions but at the same time they feel a sense of closure. Thanks to Christopher, Regina will be given the love and praise that she deserves.